Put on your dancing shoes for these must-see shows and concerts around Houston from Monday October 11 through Sunday October 17, 2021.
Some of Latin pop’s biggest names will perform across town this week, while Discovery Green will host a true legend, an H-Town rapper comes home, an award-winning country superstar runs Downtown, and more.
Want to go a step further for some live gigs in Houston this month? Check the 365 Houston schedule for additional shows taking place across H-Town.
Top 12 Live Shows & Concerts In Houston This Week
- Juanes at House of Blues | Tuesday 12 and Wednesday 13 October – Colombian singer-songwriter with 20 Latin Grammy Awards to his name arrives downtown for two nights of Latin pop favorites, including a few recent songs from his 2021 release, Origin. Tickets range from $ 69.50 to $ 149.50, but you can find better, cheaper, or hard to get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7 p.m. both evenings.
- Fat Tony with Cadence Weapon at White Oak Music Hall | Wednesday October 13 – After dropping Exotic In late 2020, H-Town’s Fat Tony teamed up with Canadian rapper Cadence Weapon (who himself released an award-winning album in April, Parallel world) in a return to the national tour. Tickets are $ 15 in advance, $ 20 on the day of the show. 7 p.m.
- Murten at the Arena Theater | Thursday October 14 – Folk pop group “Cuando Nadie Ve” from Bogotá makes a stopover in southwest Houston to support the release of their third studio album, In Donde Vamos? Tickets range from $ 36 to over $ 115, but you can find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8:30 p.m.
- Kane Brown at Toyota Center | Friday, October 15 – The award-winning country artist blurs the line between country and R&B, collaborating with musicians from all walks of life including Chris Young, Becky G, Khalid and John Legend. Now he will be stopping downtown after his Rodeo 2020 performance is canceled. Tickets range from $ 40.50 to $ 99.50, but you can find better or cheaper seats using the online marketplace. TicketNetwork. 7 p.m.
- Mavis Staples Series Spectacular at Discovery Green | Friday October 15 | FREE – One of the greatest gospel and soul singers to ever take the stage to take to the Discovery Green Stage downtown for a free show that will star in the upcoming Jazzy Sundays in the Parks concert series. takes place in Houston. 7:30 p.m.
- Tuba Skinny at the Miller Outdoor Theater | Friday October 15 | FREE | Virtual option – Marvel at the turned-together street musicians as Tuba Skinny brings his traditional New Orleans sound to the Hermann Park stage for an evening of spiritual music, Depression-era blues, ragtime, traditional jazz and Moreover. This performance will also be broadcast live. 7:30 p.m.
- 2021 Houston Afrifest at Houston Baptist University | saturday 16 october – The Nigerian-American Multicultural Council is hosting its 8th Annual Houston Afrifest to celebrate all things Africa through live music, shows, arts, crafts and fashion. This festival serves as a melting pot to celebrate the entire continent and the variety of cultures it encompasses. Tickets are $ 5 in advance, $ 10 on the day of. From noon to 6 p.m.
- Dia de la Hispanidad with Jorge Luis Chacín at the Miller Outdoor Theater | Saturday October 16 | FREE | Virtual option – Marvel at the music of Latin Grammy nominated Jorge Luis Chacín as the Institute of Hispanic Culture presents a Dia de la Hispanidad celebration featuring the folk rhythms of the musician and producer and the Zulian bagpipe. This performance will also be broadcast live. 7:30 p.m.
- Long live Latin America at the Wortham Center | saturday 16 october – Concluding Hispanic Heritage Month, the Houston Latin American Philharmonic returns to its annual tradition, presenting a concert program of cultural highlights that includes a tribute to “Los Blanco”, “El Milagro de tus Ojos”, “Bailame” and even more. Tickets range from $ 29 to $ 86. 8 p.m.
- La Adictiva with Impacto at the Arena Theater | Saturday October 16 – Celebrating its thirtieth anniversary, La Adictiva arrives for an unforgettable performance at the historic Arena theater, in the company of special guests, Impacto. $ 75 to over $ 150, but you can find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8 p.m.
- Maluma at the Smart Financial Center | Sunday 17th October – The Latin Grammy-winning urbano sensation travels Sugar Land in support of her fifth studio album, which has climbed the charts, Papi juancho. Tickets range from $ 67 to $ 767, but you can find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7 p.m.
- James Taylor and his All-Star Band, with Jackson Browne at the Toyota Center | Sunday October 17 – Head downtown for an unforgettable performance when the Toyota Center hosts legendary Grammy Award winner and singer-songwriter James Taylor for a live concert. Jackson Browne opens the show. $ 59 to $ 350. 7:30 p.m.