The stars of I’m A Celebrity… Get me out of here! were removed from the castle while work is being done to get the production base back up and running after suffering technical problems due to extreme weather conditions, ITV said.
It is understood that the celebrities – including Buckinghamshire-based music producer Naughty Boy – will return individually to quarantine to ensure they stay safe from the coronaviruses and they will then be back at the castle once all the production will be safely restored.
It comes after the Saturday and Sunday broadcasts were canceled because the production base at Gwrych Castle in North Wales suffered significant damage during Storm Arwen on Friday night.
Read more: Inside Gwrych Castle before I’m a celebrity… Get me out of here!
A statement from I’m A Celebrity said: “As we get the production base back up and running after suffering technical issues from the storm, we have removed the celebrities from the castle.”
The quarantine conditions for celebrities will be the same as before entering the castle. Earlier on Saturday, ITV reported that technical difficulties caused by the weather conditions meant there would be no new episodes this weekend.
The episodes were replaced with compilation shows voiced by hosts Ant and Dec, featuring the best moments from the previous series.
Friday’s episode of the ITV series was the first to be pre-recorded due to weather conditions.
Hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly registered their ties in the early evening as part of “precautionary measures” put in place by ITV after the Met Office issued weather warnings for much of the UK.
The duo posted a video of outside the castle ahead of the show, with the wind whipping and roaring in the background.
“You probably heard that we had to tap the show a little earlier tonight because of the winds here in Storm Arwen,” Donnelly said.
“It’s bad, isn’t it, it’s really windy,” McPartlin said. “You can hear it, it shakes the tent, it might take it away, so we have to do it and get out of here.” “
Donnelly added, “It’s got to get worse later on so everyone’s afraid the satellite will go down and all that, so it’s a little risky to do a live show so we’re going to have to get it taped tonight, which is the first time we are doing this.
The first week has been hectic at Gwrych Castle, where the program is being filmed for a second year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Richard Madeley announced on Thursday that he was leaving the show after being taken to hospital as a precaution when he fell ill in the early hours of the morning.
The TV star later said he felt “fit like a violin” and was “gutted” that the Covid restrictions meant he couldn’t return.
ITV also confirmed that an intruder was removed from the set after a security breach at the castle earlier in the week.
Want the latest Buckinghamshire news straight to your inbox? Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.